Okanagan Bee Hives
Standard Langstroth 10- Frame Hive
Our Langstroth hives are for the most part, standard with the following exceptions:
1. Our optional R-5 insulated bottom board is standard on all hives. Our research showed a considerable heat loss reduction with the insulated bottom boards. A standard bottom board is optional.
2. Our standard inner covers have "1/4"space belowwith an upper entrance and 3/8" space above with a 2" feeder hole.
3. 8-frame and 10-frame supers are available.
4. The telescoping top cover is 3" deep with metal top.
5. Our standard 5-frame nuc box is constructed with the "bee space" above the frames. It comes with two follow boards for expanding your nucs.
6. Super construction uses the half-lap joint. Although many beekeepers prefer the box joint, we feel ours is as strong with lots of waterproof glue and 2" 15 ga. staples. 1 1/4" staples are used at the corners for added strength.