Okanagan Bee Hives
HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW INNOVATIVE "FLOW HIVE"?
WE ARE NOW MANUFACTURING FLOW HIVE WOODENWARE
Many of you may have seen the videos on the revolutionary new "Flow Hive". The company has developed and sells complete hives with the new flow frames or just the flow frames to be incorporated into your own hives. The original model offers 6 flow frames in the 8-frame langstroth hive body. It is constructed of Western Red Cedar and is sold in a kit. They now offer a pine 7-flow frame model with 10-frame langstroth hive body. These hives only come with one brood box, so most buyers in this country are finding the need for a second brood box. The other interesting situation is that if the user wants the bees to draw out extra frames of honey for feeding, a third 8-frame langstroth may be required.
For those beekeepers who prefer the conventional 10-frame langstroth hive bodies, or the 8-frame langstroth hive bodies, we have both covered. We manufacture all the models. One cool feature is that you can purchase a flow super with the special frames and use it with your existing langstroth hive!
Here's how it works: Complete the "Contact Form" on this site and we will discuss options and pricing for your hive. Then go to the link below and purchase the appropriate flow frame package for your hive.
Options at present include but are not limited to:
1. 7-FLOW FRAME HIVE: (uses standard 10-frame Langstroth supers). This is the standard for most beekeepers in Canada. Included are 2 brood boxes. An optional third langstroth super with 10 frames allows the user to have their bees produce extra comb and honey for feeding during the fall, winter and spring. This is a must for most beekeepers.
2. 6-FLOW FRAME HIVE: (uses standard 8-frame Langstroth supers). Included are 2 brood boxes. An optional third langstroth super with 8 frames allows the user to have their bees produce extra comb and honey for feeding during the fall, winter and spring. This is a must for most beekeepers.
3. 4-FRAME HYBRID: (uses 4 flow frames and 4 Langstroth frames in a 10-frame Langstroth honey super).
4. 3-FRAME HYBRID: (uses 3 flow frames and 4 langstroth frames in an 8-frame Langstroth honey super).
5. What could be cooler than using a flow hive on top of our innovative Okanagan Top Bar Hive? Yes- this is an option!!
6. If you have existing hives, you can simply purchase the flow frames, order your new flow super(s) and cover ( cover has a cut-out for the honey harvesting procedure) from us and start tapping your own honey. After the harvest, simply remove the flow super, clean the frames as per the instructions for off-season storage then continue caring for your hive in the usual manner.
ATTENTION NEW BEEKEEPERS!!!
When watching the Flow Hive videos, it is easy to get caught up in the simplicity of it all:
Easier on the bees, easier on the beekeepers!-right!!
But just wait a minute!!
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TRADITIONAL METHOD OF USING HONEY SUPERS AND FRAMES AND USING THE NEW FLOW HIVE IS IN THE WAY THE HONEY IS HARVESTED!
YOU STILL NEEDS TO TAKE A BEEKEEPING COURSE, DO LOTS OF RESEARCH, BUY YOUR FIRST BEES, USE A SMOKER, GET STUNG A FEW TIMES, PREPARE THE HIVES FOR WINTER, ETC., ETC..
Use our "Contact Form" for details and inquiries.
Click the button below to enter the Flow Hive website. Check out their pricing in U.S. funds. Notice that although the frames are patented, they offer information on using your own hive components with their flow frames.